Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Way

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the father except through me."  John 14:6

        I have always heard this verse repeated over and over again, yet I have just now come to the greatness of its meaning.  I sat down yesterday feeling lost and confused about my future and was thinking about this verse yet another time.  I thought about how much God had been putting this verse in my head lately, and I really did realize just how important it is in my life right now.

        Have you ever wondered which path you are supposed to take?  It is literally as if there are many different roads in front of you, but you are clueless of the right path to wander.  I'm sure we have all heard this symbolism used before, yet we still might not know the answers to our endless questions about our future.  I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do when I am older.  I don't know if I want to be a missionary, a writer, a public speaker, a lawyer, or maybe even a photographer.  I honestly cannot see myself in ten years with a job that I love.  I have absolutely no idea which way I am supposed to be going...no ideas at all.  When I finally sat down and re translated this verse, I understood that there is no clear path set before me, not one that I can see.  There isn't going to be an obvious career path that I can see for my future; however, there is one God who does know my path.

        Jesus says HE is the way.  As long as I stay close to Him, I cannot be led in the wrong direction.  He is my guidance and my refuge.  It sounds so easy just to walk by His side for the rest of my life, so I won't ever try to achieve something that isn't for me.  It just sounds so easy.  I have been extremely busy lately and making time for Jesus has been quite a challenge.  It is impossible to walk with God without spending time with Him.  I don't know how to manage all events in my busy schedule, but I am determined to find a way to maintain the purpose in which I am given.

        No, I have no idea of what I want to be when I get older, but I know exactly the one who does.  I also know that He is not going to leave me alone.  He has a plan for me with a purpose to match.  I am blessed to be filled with the courage from knowing that He isn't finished with me.  All I am positively sure about my future at this point is that whatever I do, I want to do through the love He has for all of us.  I want to fulfill the purpose He has given me and make Him known throughout this world He has created.

        For now, I will continue to seek out my purpose through learning more about Him.  As I do this, He will help me uncover all of the answers I need access to.  I have no need to worry, for HE has it ALL under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment