Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Live Like That

We only have a small amount of time on this earth to show other people how much Jesus has done in our lives.  We have been given an abundant life to share with those who are missing the most important relationship of all - a relationship with Jesus.  We need to convince those who are hopeless that Jesus gives them hope, those who are weak that Jesus gives them strength, those who are alone that Jesus gives them comfort, and those who are depressed that Jesus gives them happiness.  Jesus is always enough.

I want to live through life being the example so that everything I say and do points to God.  I love to see the change that people experience through Jesus, yet there comes a time when we get to experience that change ourselves.  At that point, we are no longer observing the examples, but we become an example.  I want to show the world the love that He poured over my shoulders when He suffered on the cross to save me from my sins.  That is what I want to show the world.

People might think differently about you when they see the change that you went through.  They will respect you and look up to you because they know that you are clearly not the same.  So I challenge you to do this with me:  "Live Like That."  The Sidewalk Prophets have just released a new song called "Live Like That."  The song describes how important it is to live life as an example for Christ.  Through everything you say and do, acknowledge that the Lord made it possible.  Through not only your words, but through your actions, express how much we are loved by our savior.

The sooner we start to "live like that," the sooner we can become an example.  The best thing to be known for is love, and there is no better way to show love than to "live like that" and be an example to all of the people around us, no matter what.

The song "Live Like That" by Sidewalk Prophets:  http://www.youtube.com/user/sidewalkprophets?v=GfosSggwQS0

1 comment: