Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Importance of Friendship

The friends who mean the most will always find a way into our lives. 

  There are so many important people who influence me in my daily life; parents, grandparents, coaches, kids, cousins, relatives, strangers, and friends.  Friends are special.  They aren't related to you, yet they understand you.  I have had many friends come and go, but true friends will always stay with us wherever we may find ourselves.

   God has a way of putting special people into our lives at just the right time.  He uses differences to bring people even closer together.  I have learned a great amount from God and cannot wait to learn even more. As the new year has approached, a resolution I have is to renew relationships.  I want to make this year a year to get to know people who I haven't put all that much effort into speaking to.  I want to learn new things about the incredible stories behind everyone's life.  As we are starting a new year, I see it as a great time to keep in touch with the people we don't want to lose, reach out to the people we never speak to, and stay close to the ones that mean the most.  

  Friendship is a special way to grow.  Friendships teach me the importance of being myself.  Most importantly, friends give me confidence to do the unimaginable.  No matter how many times I watch some friends part, those who mean the most always seem to find a way back.  It isn't "luck" or a "coincidence", but it is God.  God keeps those special people in our lives for a reason.  True friends need each other, and can't stand to be apart.  They share special moments and love each other through tough circumstances.  They can talk about anything together!  Essentially, when friends disagree, it is the most special moment when they can regather what they lost.  We all know who these important people are; take this year to show those special people how much you love them and renew the relationships you wish you had never lost!




4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a quote I love:
    No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever.

    ~Francois Muriac

    ReplyDelete
  2. My two closest friends in life live in different states and when we get together, we just pick up right where we left off. I have moved so many times that I sometimes get lazy about investing in new friendships. Something I also hope to be better about this year! Blessings to you Allie.

    ReplyDelete