Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh, Remind Me!

  All I have ever wanted to be is a writer.  I enjoy finding the perfect words to use when writing a paragraph.  I enjoy searching through old pieces of writing, whether a blog post, a saved file on my computer, or a printed out copy of work that I had completed during school, and remembering where my heart was when I wrote those pieces.  Most of all, I enjoy the freedom in the ability of being yourself when you write.  Through my words, I am only myself.  When I lose track of my life's position, I pull out an old blog post, and God reminds me who I am.  God reminds me that I have a talent.  I am developing my faith each and every day, and my writing is just another way for me to inch even closer to God.  So when I do fall behind and lack motivation, a simple blog post is all I need to remind me of God's purpose for my life.  I don't know where I will be years from now, but I do know that God will use me to make a difference in others' lives.  That is all I have ever wanted to do.  I caught a glimpse of what that feels like just the other day.  I got to share my steps of faith with one of my distant friends.  She told me this:  "Allie, that is an amazing story.  You just changed my life.  You have inspired me more to do everything through Him."  Do you know how good that felt?  Imagine doing that as an occupation.  Imagine becoming a writer and touching people through your words every day!  I can only hope for the day when I am a professional, inspirational writer signing copies of my books and watching it touch the hearts of my readers.  I am counting down the moments...just waiting for God to show me my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment