Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Bigger Picture

  Do you know the days when you are so focused on yourself that you can't seem to find the true meaning of happiness?  Well, have you ever thought that there is a whole world out there besides yourself?  Maybe you are going through the motions of life and completely missing the big picture...God.  Before I accepted Jesus into my heart, this was my life.  I didn't know that I could live in a way where everyone could see the light in my heart.  I was so focused on myself that I couldn't see anyone else in this world.  I am going to share my journey of faith with all of you who want to listen.

   I was living for myself and myself only.  I did know that there was a God and I "said" that he was living in my heart, even though he really wasn't.  I was one of those people who went around being someone I wasn't.  I got caught up in life and only cared about popularity and how other people looked at me.  Then, the summer of my 13th birthday is when my life was changed forever.  I went on a summer trip with Hope Church, and I truly accepted Jesus into my heart.  I finally understood that life was too tough to handle on my own, so I turned all of my worries over to God.  Now, it is as if the whole world is so different than I used to see it.  There are actually people out there who are suffering..really suffering.  Some of those people don't even have God.  I can't imagine how they can get up every morning and go through each and every day living without God.  Now, it is as if I could make a difference in someone else's life and noticing that makes me open my eyes to see something other than myself.  It really changed who I am inside.  I am so glad that I found out what it truly means to be a Christian because it has changed my life forever.  I just realized that life is so much more than hardships and people that try to tear you down.  There is a God out there who loves me for me, and no one could ever take that away from me.  I am new...and I'm finally not just saying it...I am living it, and that is what makes the difference inside.

   So there is a bigger picture.  There are people other than yourself living in this world, too.  When you finally decide to embrace this fact, then you can lead a totally different lifestyle.  You can learn to lead a life where sharing God's message is a priority.  You can learn to live a life where loving someone else is not a big task, no matter who they are or what their past is.  You can learn to live for God..with God.  The moment you recognize that you can be the change in someone else's life is the moment that your eyes begin to open.  That is the beginning of a new start.  The beginning of a life where God is in control.  It is the beginning of a new you....a person who lives with God.

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing way to put it... I have struggled with this as well. You are sch an amazing writer and photographer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I also have a photography blog..framedbygod.blogspot.com
    (the link is at the top of the page

    ReplyDelete