Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just Accept It

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned for us to accept the life that we have waiting for us.  A girl from my old soccer team posted this on Facebook.  The more I think about it, the more it alarms my mind.  We care so much about things on this earth.  There is so much that we hold onto because we are afraid to lose it.  I have realized that the more we hold onto something, the harder it will be to let go.  There used to be quite a few things that I was afraid to lose.  I grew out of most of those objects and am continuing to learn that God has a place where we can come as we are without being looked at in a funny way, or laughed at because your "out of style."  This place is heaven.  God puts us here on this earth to carry out a purpose unique for everyone. I am not going to spend my time worrying about physical things when I have the hope of heaven to keep me grounded.  "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned for us to accept the life that we have waiting for us."  If we can let go of these things here on earth, then we can accept the fact that God has a place for us far better than anything on this earth could ever be.  God is my solution to every problem.  I mess up a lot...and I know that, but all I can do is ask for forgiveness and move on.  My life could be different afterwards, but I am not going to hold onto a life that I "once had."  I am going to continue to move forward in God's plan for me because I know that this is what God wants for me to do.  God has a plan.  I am not going to try and change his plan to fit my needs when he knows my needs better than I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment