Saturday, August 27, 2011

Change

Change is an element of life that we sometimes despise but have to live through.  Things all around us are changing; the leaves on trees changing color, flowers blooming and dying, new inventions being made, houses being built, and grass growing taller are a few examples of physical changes in the community.  Whether we like it or not, change is something that is always going to happen.  Change not only effects you, but other people as well.  Everyone's lives have different subjects of change.  In one life, they may be changing friends or changing schools.  In another, they could be changing houses or changing activities.  Change can be good or bad, exciting or boring, or just flat out difficult to deal with!  Have you ever felt like the world was spinning in circles all around you so you were missing all of the new, imaginative wonders of the world?  Have you ever missed something that was just bound to change?  In my life right now, there are too many changes to count.  My "family friend" Lisa has just discovered that she probably has stomach cancer.  Why did her perfectly healthy life have to go and change to something life threatening?  This change is something that tremendously occupies a weight on my heart.  I am also experiencing a change with my friends; some new friends and some old friends are involved with my friend group right now.  I miss my old friends so much; why did they have to change?  Most of all, the fact that I am thirteen now is really getting to me.  When people say, "Oh she is a teenager now, so don't expect her to take your advice."  Anything relating to that quote really cuts me to the core.  That sentence that people often say is not the slightest bit true!  Just because your thirteen has nothing to do with the rate that you are growing!  It really gets on my nerves!  Back to the point, it isn't only other things changing, but it most certainly is you too!  God puts troublesome changes in our lives so that we can see what miracles he can perform.  Not always are miracles provided, but that is the whole objective of this piece of writing.  Learning that God will protect us and give us hope through all changes is a lesson that is very special to grasp.  It won't always end in your favor, but going to God is something that will make your heart feel comforted.  All in all, run to God for changes that are harsh to handle.

4 comments:

  1. Your right, change can hurt. But, it can also be the most beautiful thing. Even if we don't realize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right Ruthie! Change isn't always bad! I think I'm just going through a hard time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just know we always love you! And, if you love Jesus, isn't that all that matters? Jesus loves you and so do I!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love you too...I mean you are so close to my heart...always! I couldn't ever replace you Ruthie and I hope you never have to go through this friendship crisis that I am going through! It stinks! Anyways, love ya hun!

    ReplyDelete