Monday, June 27, 2011

From the Inside Out

I just got back from the Colorado Great Escape trip with Hope Church.  This trip was the best trip I have ever gone on in my entire life!  Besides all of the fun events, I came to know Jesus in a new light.  When you're a kid, you hear about accepting Jesus into your heart and being saved.  Of course you do it to be saved not exactly understanding what it means.  On this trip, I fully grasped the meaning of accepting Jesus into my heart in which I finally got the chance to do so.  That night became the most special night of my life.  Not only did I accept Jesus in my heart, but I learned how to continue this relationship with Him as I got home from speakers and activities from the trip.  Overall, I learned to love Jesus from the inside out.  Not only from the outside, being with the actions I perform, but on the inside, beginning with my heart; that is the way to love Jesus.  What caught me in deep thought was that going to church does not make you a Christian.  The relationship you have with Jesus Christ is what makes you a Christian.  Now I am at home continuing the life God planned out for me.  Jeremiah 29:11 says "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Live by that and let God lead your life.  As the saying goes, LET GO AND LET GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment